.

.
Upcoming Races

tbc


read...

Monday, April 25, 2011

What do you have to lose, when there is so much to gain.

Don't be scared, take this for what it's worth.

In the lead up to St. Anthony's, my aural senses are being pleased momentarily by the new As Blood Runs Black album. This is not my typical kind of music, I like more obscure, bleak and atmospheric soundscapes. But my liking of this is partly nostalgic, but also partly because it's pure awesome. When I listen to this, I feel as if I'm scared of nothing! A surprise for most will be the lyrical themes, a cast aside from the sterotypical (and fundamentally incorrect) comments/beliefs of lyrical perversity/negativity.





I knew that this was the last thing
This was the last thing that I had to prove
Have all my struggles amused you
This was the hardest thing to do
I've chewed through the chains
With broken teeth in my mouth
I was finally free
Free of my own mind (Free of my own mind)
But I was always trapped inside

I will escape from this cage and extend my broken wings
I will escape from this cage and extend my wings

I walked out on everything that I ever knew and now
And now I find myself cold and alone
Searching for strength
The strength to stand on my own two feet
Approaching the edge
Taking the leap
A leap of faith with my broken wings

As I rise to my feet I realize
I should be standing up by myself
Why haven't you? What do you have to lose?
When there is so much to gain

I will escape from this cage and extend my broken wings
I will escape from this cage and extend my wings


No comments:

Post a Comment